Skip to main content

Out Of The Hospital.

I know that many of you, have been scared by my posts lately, and to be perfectly honest so was I as they where raw expressions of how I felt and exactly what I was thinking when I wrote them, even a little held back and restrained if that is possible.  I also know that my sudden disappearance from not only my blog but all my web profiles might have scared you too.  For that I would like to apologize, but also tell you that it was because I was in a place where I would be safe and where I could get some help and get pointed once again in the right direction with a path out of the darkness along with a light at the end of the long tunnel to strive to reach.  I will probably blog on this who episode and experience in much more depth tomorrow and in the upcoming days, and explain much more clearly and precisely exactly what happened. but for now I will tell you that (and I have no shame in saying it, as at times every one gets in over their head and needs help out) I had/have been in the hospital (for the first time in my life) since early tuesday morning, when I (with my family's guidance, determination and support) I had checked my self into the mental heath unit.

It not only allowed me a safe place, one in which I could not harm my self and in which by taking away the means, and providing me support I was drawn out of the place where I would want to do so.  It also provided me with the support and guidance and actions that I needed to once again pick my self up and get heading in the right direction to not only help me out of this depression but to also put me on a path to managing my underlying condition (bipolar disorder) so that I can live the balanced, productive, well adjusted happy life that I have always sought to be able to live. I am now equipped with some new coping skill, a plan on how to take control over my illness and the professionals that I will need to be able to do so.  And as I have said early in the days to come will be a more in depth post about exactly what happened.  This topic and the efforts to get my illness under control will probably continue to pop in future post as well.

Comments

  1. Whew! Im so happy that you took the time to care for yourself. You are very right, i have been very worried about you lately, and am beyond words happy to hear that you are back on the path to health again. It takes a brave person to realize they need someone's help to get them well again. Yay you!!!

    Hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Word Verification.

As some of you will soon start noticing I have started to use word verification in order for comments to be posted, unfortunately I had a spat of spam comments occur and I don't want to have to waist my time removing spam comments. So to help and combat the problem I have been forced to intorduce word verification into the commenting procsses.  I hope that doing so dose not discurage you guys (my readers) from posting your comments as I truly do value getting to hear your prospectives on things and talk with all of you. Untill next time dear readers. 

Financially Incapable, Money Is The Problem

Being able to control one’s own finances is one of the important parts of being able to be a independent adult, and is something that is supposed to come along with being one as well.  It means being able to live within a budget and spending one's money wisely within that budget.  It also means having a realistic idea about what your income is and how much money you have to spend and being able to weigh that against financial decisions and the merits of purchases that one wishes to make keeping in mind the required purchase that one has to make and the cost of them.   Which is why the realization that I seem to be utterly incapable of controlling my finances is coming as such a blow,

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.