Skip to main content

It's Official! I'm Going Back To School.


It is official, I got an email from the local community college and have been excepted.  I will be getting the official paperwork in the mail in about 10-15 days.  Now I have a list of things that I have to get done, including talking to the financial aid office to see if I qualify for any thing, Fingers crossed that I do as any money that I can save would be great, especial since hours are not very plentiful at work so my income is quite limited at the moment.  And it would be nice to not have to take out a whole bunch of loans.  And I also have to schedule a placement test, but I am hoping to hold off on that one a little bit to give me time to practice my math skills as they are very rusty since I have not used much but very basic math in my daily life for the last 9 years.



I am hoping to be able to register for spring quarter, and start taking classes then. Nervous as it has been a long time since I have been in school and have been trying to learn lots of new things, and that is going to be a bit of a challenge but one that I know that I can take head one.  My plan is to do school online as work is really not willing to let availability be limited and I need the hours for insurance, and to help pay for going back to school.  My plan is to take on class first quarter so that I can see what it is like and get in the swing of learning again and rearrange my daily routine fit school into it  Then the fallowing quarter I want to ratchet it up to full time.  I am excited about going back to school and learning new things and starting a new chapter in my life.  My future looks brighter then I has in quite a while. I am on the path to hopefully getting a better job, one that pays better, where I will actually have the ability to start a family and be able to support it, and build a better future for me, where I am much more secure in my income too. I can't wait for this new chapter in my life to start and start on the path to a new life, and one where I can have the confidence of having gone to college and having such an education, where I can be among groups of people and not have them look down on me as being uneducated and thus bellow them. I think the last part will be one of the best parts out of it all.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insight Into Myself From Article Together Alone: The Epidemic Of Gay Loneliness

So I recently read this article on The Huffington Post Hightline called Together Alone: The Epidemic Of Gay Loneliness this article is one that I would highly recommend reading.  It is an article that touched me in a significant way.  The article fouces on why even thought the gay community has come a long way in gaining equal rights, it still suffers from high rates of suicide, depression, anxiety and substance abuse.  The article points out that "are between 2 to 10 times more likely then straight people to take their own life. Where twice as likely to have a major depressive episode" And this pattern holds up in countries that where even early adopter to things like gay marriage.  While there virtually no study on the subject in the US in Canada it has been found that more gay men a year die from suicide them they do for HIV/AIDs if those finding are to hold true in the US suicide could be the next major epidemic with in the gay community taking countless number of lives…

When We Rise Review.

I know that I am late to the game on When We Rise on ABC, but I have just finished watching it on demand.  I would say if you have not watched it, it is a must watch.  The series is very well put together, and it gets you wrapped up in it from the very start, and you will want to binge watch the whole series in one sitting, This the cinematography in this series is first rate, and the use of music helps to increase the emotional impact of this series, I have to admit that I teared up multiple times through out the series, as you get so deeply engrossed in what is going on that emotionally you wined up placing yourself into what is going on.  While I wish that they had put in a few more things in the gay rights movement it really dose a very thorough job of showing the fight for equality.  More after the jump.

This I Believe: God Is Still There Even When You Want To Die

I would like to share my This I Believe essay that I wrote for my English class.  The essay is based on the format of the essays on the this i believe  web site, which is dedicated to this types of essays.  They are modeled after a 1950's radio show hosted by Edward R Murrow by the same name, where every one from World leaders, CEO's and Celebrities to Teachers, and Secretaries would send in essays and the ones that where selected would read them on air.  The essays are between 450 to 600 worlds long and would take about 3 minutes to read aloud at a natural speaking pace. The essays are about a guiding value in your every day life.