Skip to main content

It's Official! I'm Going Back To School.


It is official, I got an email from the local community college and have been excepted.  I will be getting the official paperwork in the mail in about 10-15 days.  Now I have a list of things that I have to get done, including talking to the financial aid office to see if I qualify for any thing, Fingers crossed that I do as any money that I can save would be great, especial since hours are not very plentiful at work so my income is quite limited at the moment.  And it would be nice to not have to take out a whole bunch of loans.  And I also have to schedule a placement test, but I am hoping to hold off on that one a little bit to give me time to practice my math skills as they are very rusty since I have not used much but very basic math in my daily life for the last 9 years.



I am hoping to be able to register for spring quarter, and start taking classes then. Nervous as it has been a long time since I have been in school and have been trying to learn lots of new things, and that is going to be a bit of a challenge but one that I know that I can take head one.  My plan is to do school online as work is really not willing to let availability be limited and I need the hours for insurance, and to help pay for going back to school.  My plan is to take on class first quarter so that I can see what it is like and get in the swing of learning again and rearrange my daily routine fit school into it  Then the fallowing quarter I want to ratchet it up to full time.  I am excited about going back to school and learning new things and starting a new chapter in my life.  My future looks brighter then I has in quite a while. I am on the path to hopefully getting a better job, one that pays better, where I will actually have the ability to start a family and be able to support it, and build a better future for me, where I am much more secure in my income too. I can't wait for this new chapter in my life to start and start on the path to a new life, and one where I can have the confidence of having gone to college and having such an education, where I can be among groups of people and not have them look down on me as being uneducated and thus bellow them. I think the last part will be one of the best parts out of it all.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.

It's Past Time To Boycott Motts, And Spread the word.

Some of you may not know this but the workers at Mott's factory in Williamson NY (their only factory) have been forced out on strike, after the company walked away from the bargaining table when the workers refused to accept a new contract that cut wages buy $1.50 an hour while downgrading the medical plan increasing employee medical cost as well as slashing their pension and 401K plans.  Even thought the company recently acquired by Dr. Pepper Snapple, made a profit of $555 million last year as well as increase in stock value of 35%!  To add further insult to injury over the time of "economic hardship" that company is using to justify the wage, pension, 401K cuts and increase in worker health care cost, those in charge of the company proceeded to double their salaries!

"You Have A Soft Homosexual Voice" Customer

Yes that was one of the things that a customer who took it upon them selves to "preach" to me during my job, while I was stuck helping cut his keys and find the other random items that he said he needed help finding.  Strangely this is not the first time I have attracted the type that decided to do some preaching to me to help "being me to Christ" while I'm on the job and their captive audience stuck helping do something for them, how ever this was one of the first times that I really had to bite my tongue to avoid saying or doing something that I would regret and that could get me in trouble with my bosses.