Skip to main content

Trapped & Suffocating


I have been struggling to try to find an way to even half way put what I am feeling into worlds let alone to describe it in a way that any once else can understand, I have finally decided to just give it a go and pretty much stick with what ever comes out, as it is write, otherwise I will never get it out  and posted.  So please bare with me if things are not quite that clear or they are worded wordlessly. I have been felling so trapped and suffocated lately craving the one thing that I just can't seem to have, the one thing that I want so badly that just is not an option.  I find my self feeling so much like the 3 Doors Down song after the jump.


I am feeling so trapped, I feel like I absolutely can't live my life as I am, to allow my self to be me, to live openly and honestly as I am, but that instead I have hid who I really am like I am a dirty secrete, a nasty creature of the night that must hide in the darkness.  I want to inhabit the sunshine to not have to hide any more but I know that I can't that doing so is just out of the question, and that hurts it hurts a lot, so much that not even emotional highs can totally kill the hurt, they only severely dull it, providing a spiting distances taste of everything that I so desperately crave, only leaving me worse off then the emotional high wanes back to a more normal level.  Instead though I keep moving further and further from that which I crave, further from being the real me the me further from living my life openly.  Instead I go retreat further from the place I want to be, killing another little peace of my soul of me as I do so.  

I just want to be able to not have to hide to, not have to worry, not to have to worry about being me, about causing conflict and about destroying irreplaceable things.  I don't want to have to split myself apart to be two separate people, to have to compartmentalize everything and keep it all softhearted out.  What I want is to be able to be one whole complete person.  To not feel that I have to hide whole parts of my self to keep the peace. I don't want to have to be retreated back into the closet, I don't want to have to hide to live life other then for me.  Yet I can't, and it just keeps ripping me up because I want to so desperately. I don't know what to do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insight Into Myself From Article Together Alone: The Epidemic Of Gay Loneliness

So I recently read this article on The Huffington Post Hightline called Together Alone: The Epidemic Of Gay Loneliness this article is one that I would highly recommend reading.  It is an article that touched me in a significant way.  The article fouces on why even thought the gay community has come a long way in gaining equal rights, it still suffers from high rates of suicide, depression, anxiety and substance abuse.  The article points out that "are between 2 to 10 times more likely then straight people to take their own life. Where twice as likely to have a major depressive episode" And this pattern holds up in countries that where even early adopter to things like gay marriage.  While there virtually no study on the subject in the US in Canada it has been found that more gay men a year die from suicide them they do for HIV/AIDs if those finding are to hold true in the US suicide could be the next major epidemic with in the gay community taking countless number of lives…

This I Believe: God Is Still There Even When You Want To Die

I would like to share my This I Believe essay that I wrote for my English class.  The essay is based on the format of the essays on the this i believe  web site, which is dedicated to this types of essays.  They are modeled after a 1950's radio show hosted by Edward R Murrow by the same name, where every one from World leaders, CEO's and Celebrities to Teachers, and Secretaries would send in essays and the ones that where selected would read them on air.  The essays are between 450 to 600 worlds long and would take about 3 minutes to read aloud at a natural speaking pace. The essays are about a guiding value in your every day life.

When We Rise Review.

I know that I am late to the game on When We Rise on ABC, but I have just finished watching it on demand.  I would say if you have not watched it, it is a must watch.  The series is very well put together, and it gets you wrapped up in it from the very start, and you will want to binge watch the whole series in one sitting, This the cinematography in this series is first rate, and the use of music helps to increase the emotional impact of this series, I have to admit that I teared up multiple times through out the series, as you get so deeply engrossed in what is going on that emotionally you wined up placing yourself into what is going on.  While I wish that they had put in a few more things in the gay rights movement it really dose a very thorough job of showing the fight for equality.  More after the jump.