Skip to main content

Gaining Weight, & Emotional Eating


It seems as much as I would like to lose weight I keep undermining those goals lately as I seem to be emotional eating up a storm, which of course has me again starting to gain weight and pack on the fat.  Which really only makes me feel that much more worse because it is not what I want.  I at the very least want/ed to get back to the weight I was before (my last nasty bought of depression) which was 195lbs and was still over my ideal weight.  Of course not only is this a problem of its own but it is also an outward sign of emotional distress with in. 

While I do have things in my life that are going well and things that I am looking forward to very much and am very excited about, like going to the Eugene Oregon showing of The Right To Love: An American Family, which I am really excited about, I have just a lot of stuff going on that is just starting to ware on me and possibly starting to drag me down a little.  Of course now I have to reschedule my Psychiatrist appointment another 2-3 weeks out because I have to fill in for a coworker who is going on vacation.  

I have been having quite a bit of trouble sleeping as of late, which has lead me to buy some Advil PM today to try and hopefully get my first full nights sleep in a quite a long time as that is something that is definitely becoming more and more detrimental as it goes on longer and longer. not only have I been having trouble getting to sleep I have been having trouble not waking up to early, nor has my sleep been that restful ether as it seems to keep getting disturbed by dreams even though I can't quite remember them I am aware that they have happened.  I know that the dreams seem to be emotionally exhausting and leave me waking up not only emotionally but mentally and even physically worn out, which just makes it that much harder to get threw the day.

Lately I keep seeming not only to be reliving mentally, and in my memory events/things that I really don't want to relive, yet when I am emotionally it feels just like it is the reality of the hear and now when it is not.  It takes quite a bit of effort to then bring myself back to the hear and now and try to reassure my self that it was just a memory, what is even worse though are the mentally fabricated events that feed off of the memories and not only blend the past but also the future together and are the ones that are the most upsetting.  I don't want to keep reliving and experiencing such emotionally upsetting things, but I am also very deeply afraid of them happening again too.

I am so upset by them that I don't really even want to say quite what it is that is bothering me especially out loud as I feel so much like no one else would really understand.  But I also worry that not letting it out to anyone is also a recipe for disaster, so I guess I will just say that I am once again being haunted not only be actual memories (and the very strong emotions that go along with them) but mental fictional constructions of my hospitalization in the hospitals mental health unit, during my last very bad bout of depression.  Not only that but I severely fear that somehow its waiting like a crouching tiger waiting to pounce on me when I least expect. Even Though I know logically it dose not make since, emotionally it feels so very true and very real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.

Word Verification.

As some of you will soon start noticing I have started to use word verification in order for comments to be posted, unfortunately I had a spat of spam comments occur and I don't want to have to waist my time removing spam comments. So to help and combat the problem I have been forced to intorduce word verification into the commenting procsses.  I hope that doing so dose not discurage you guys (my readers) from posting your comments as I truly do value getting to hear your prospectives on things and talk with all of you. Untill next time dear readers. 

It's Past Time To Boycott Motts, And Spread the word.

Some of you may not know this but the workers at Mott's factory in Williamson NY (their only factory) have been forced out on strike, after the company walked away from the bargaining table when the workers refused to accept a new contract that cut wages buy $1.50 an hour while downgrading the medical plan increasing employee medical cost as well as slashing their pension and 401K plans.  Even thought the company recently acquired by Dr. Pepper Snapple, made a profit of $555 million last year as well as increase in stock value of 35%!  To add further insult to injury over the time of "economic hardship" that company is using to justify the wage, pension, 401K cuts and increase in worker health care cost, those in charge of the company proceeded to double their salaries!