Skip to main content

Why Should This Be So Scary?

Well it looks like I will be sticking with my current psychiatrist as we have at least hashed out some of the issues that I was having and have created some concrete direction for something for me to work on during the 3 weeks that he is going to be on vacation, an almost assignment which I am glad to do even if what it is a part of trying to do scares me for some very unexplainable reason that even puzzles me.  It may sound extremely illogical well that would be because it is, and that is that what it is that he wants to work towards is what he sees as one of the biggest problems I am faced with and that is causing so many problems.  That is that I am "to hard on my self and to negative about my self" and while it would seem logical that working to be less so and that dealing with that would be something one would be happy to do, it is something that for reasons that I can't even adequately put into words in order to explain I find that to be one of the most terrifying ideas on the face of the planet.

I am at a loss at doing what my assignment from my shrink has given me to do for the 3 weeks until my next appointment (He's on vacation) well it's not really a loss, it is just something that I don't want to do it is something that I really really don't want to do, it is to keep a journal about when I get angry. (as part of the process of fixing something bigger) I don't even know any more that I want to be better I mean I do but I don't want to do this I definitely don't want to do meds, as it is I just tolerate having to take the current medication that I take. Really I would so much rather go back to sweeping all of this under the rug and making it disappear that way. I don't want to deal with why any more I don't want to examine things anymore I just want to shove them away until they are gone.
It seems like the more things we try to do and figuer out the more and more at war I am with whats going on and the more and more my shrink (and my logical side) are the enemy and that the enemy must be defeted.  I don't want to deal with why any more, I don't want to know why, I don't want to be aksed why.

Comments

  1. Often the things that are the hardest are the most important. Give this an honest try. What do you have to lose? I know it seems like a waste of time to you. I think he is trying to show you what it is that sparks your anger.

    Sweeping stuff under the rug never ever works long term. It just builds up and up and up, until it boils over and explodes. Give his method a chance, while giving you a chance to get this issue under control.

    Let down your defenses and try. Its a huge and yet small thing to do I know, but really give this your best attempt, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing my best at giving it my best, but I am also again having a hard time with taking my medications. It's not like I forget to take them on purpose but I also don't do all I can to double check I have not forgotten any more. Its like subconsciously I am sabotaging that too.

    I don't know how to deal with all of this and my natural instinct is to just run form it as fast and as fare as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.

Word Verification.

As some of you will soon start noticing I have started to use word verification in order for comments to be posted, unfortunately I had a spat of spam comments occur and I don't want to have to waist my time removing spam comments. So to help and combat the problem I have been forced to intorduce word verification into the commenting procsses.  I hope that doing so dose not discurage you guys (my readers) from posting your comments as I truly do value getting to hear your prospectives on things and talk with all of you. Untill next time dear readers. 

It's Past Time To Boycott Motts, And Spread the word.

Some of you may not know this but the workers at Mott's factory in Williamson NY (their only factory) have been forced out on strike, after the company walked away from the bargaining table when the workers refused to accept a new contract that cut wages buy $1.50 an hour while downgrading the medical plan increasing employee medical cost as well as slashing their pension and 401K plans.  Even thought the company recently acquired by Dr. Pepper Snapple, made a profit of $555 million last year as well as increase in stock value of 35%!  To add further insult to injury over the time of "economic hardship" that company is using to justify the wage, pension, 401K cuts and increase in worker health care cost, those in charge of the company proceeded to double their salaries!