Skip to main content

Therapy Is It Even Working?

  I am feeling so frustrated lately, I don't feel like therapy is helping at all, I just feel like all it is doing is taking up time and money with nothing to show for it.  I increasingly feel that the only "progress" that has been made in helping me feel a little better is that which has been made by the minorly/moderately effective medication that I'm on.   Other then that there seems to be absolutely no direction to my "treatment" leaving me feeling like I'm swinging in the wind and like absolutely no progress is being made. I don't feel like really anything is being dealt with nor that there is really any enlightenment going on at all.

Add to that the fact that increasingly I am getting more an more annoyed by my Psychiatrist en ability to be on time, which as some one that is always prompt to slightly early to arrive for any appointment time is getting more and more on my nerves.  I mean it would be one thing if ever once and a while he was late but to be late every singe appointment (especially being the first appointment of the day) and when I say late I mean 5-10 minutes late to the office and then another 5-10 minutes of doing random things before the appointment starts meaning its always 15-20 minutes late and always having some sort of excuse of a personal hiccup of this nature or that.  But never so late that it drops the appointment time into a shorter time billing block.

I don't know maybe I am being cynical, but should I not be seeing some sort of progress after having weekly appointments for this long or and I just expecting to much.  It really is getting to the point that I am ready to give up on this process, as it just is not working, the only thing that it is doing is taking up my time and my money.  with out anything to actually show for it.

Comments

  1. Ok, what most people dont understand, is that not every therapist fits every person. You are 100% correct in being annoyed with your therapist being late every single time. To me it shows a gross disregard for the patients, and to me says they dont have your best interests at heart.

    Try to find a new doctor, your doesnt seem like a very good fit to me. And as for a need to keep seeing one? Well only you can decide if you need therapy or not, but it could be a good idea to help you over this hump.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Word Verification.

As some of you will soon start noticing I have started to use word verification in order for comments to be posted, unfortunately I had a spat of spam comments occur and I don't want to have to waist my time removing spam comments. So to help and combat the problem I have been forced to intorduce word verification into the commenting procsses.  I hope that doing so dose not discurage you guys (my readers) from posting your comments as I truly do value getting to hear your prospectives on things and talk with all of you. Untill next time dear readers. 

Financially Incapable, Money Is The Problem

Being able to control one’s own finances is one of the important parts of being able to be a independent adult, and is something that is supposed to come along with being one as well.  It means being able to live within a budget and spending one's money wisely within that budget.  It also means having a realistic idea about what your income is and how much money you have to spend and being able to weigh that against financial decisions and the merits of purchases that one wishes to make keeping in mind the required purchase that one has to make and the cost of them.   Which is why the realization that I seem to be utterly incapable of controlling my finances is coming as such a blow,

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.