Skip to main content

Ashamed Even When Supported

So I know that it has been a while since my last post, I do feel guilty about it, things have been um "crazy" lately is all I will say. Now I would like to move on to the topic for the post, I would like to talk about my discomfort when it comes to unprompted mater of fact honest support for me as a gay son from my mother.  It is something that I really don't understand as I know that most people would not have such an issue, now don't get me wrong its not that I am not appreciative, I truly am, I just like some many other things am so screwed up some how I have issues with even this great thing.

So mom has always been supportive, ever since the day that I came out to her.  However it seems that the more supportive, comfortable and mater of a fact with the fact that I'm gay the more and more uncomfortable and borderline shameful I seem to feel about it.  Especially as she more and more often will talk to me about when I meet guys and start seeing them they are welcome to family gathering and such and that she would honestly expect me to invite them to participate in such things just as she would and dose my brother of the girls he dates.   Which on one had is yes very good and faltering, and well seeing as I'm much more family oriented them my brother, and tend to arrange my social scheduled to make family gatherings it is also an affirmation that things are also still the same as they where before I came out. How ever like I said I don't know why but this makes be feel very comfortable as I feel like it is something that I should not do, like it some how including someone that I am dating because they are a guy in any sort of family gathering would be highly inappropriate. It's as somehow I feel that for me to actually do as she says that she would be very happy and wish to see me do would not only bring shame on the the family but would only serve to highlight how much of a horrible person I am. 

Then there is the topic that I know I should be shouting with joy from the mountain tops with, and that is her total support of not only me having relationships but the idea of me having a family of my own.  Yet It is when she mentions this, and brings this subject up that I feel the most shameful uncomfortable.  I know that I should be over joyed that to have support. To have her openly want me to find that person that makes me happy that she will be happy when I find that person even thought hey are a guy, and that she openly admits that it will be a guy.   That some day I want to raise a family with my partner when I finally meet them, to have my mother be that open and supportive about that should not make me feel shameful, yet it dose. It makes me fell dirty, some how filthy, I don't know why I keep coming back to these words, but they seem to best feet the feeling.  I feel like such a horrible person, like a horrible son, like I should not actually be happy with my self even though I know that is not how I should feel and I know that is not how she wants me to feel, when ever such things are brought up.

I have a hard time understanding why I don't feel as good about mom honest support as I really should, especially considering the fact that dad even thought the fact that our relationship is much better now then when I first came out to him. Even thought this still leaves a lot when it comes to the levels of support, as he still dose not really acknowledge the fact that I'm gay let alone approach the subject with such comfort as mom when/if it somehow comes up. however that is beyond the point, other then the fact that at least when it comes to that relationship I can understand why those feeling are there, unlike with moms, which no matter how much I try I can't seem to get.

One again thank you for reading, and comments are always welcome. :-)
 

Comments

  1. I think someday when you fall in love and produce a family you can be proud of a lot of the shame you feel will leave....

    This is jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that makes since, I just really don't get why given the current way things are I still feel the way that i do. It dose not seem to make since as it's not like the same is coming form the way I'm being treated by once of the now closest family relationships I have. It is like I somehow hate and am ashamed of that part of my self no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Temptation Of The High

While being balanced mode wise is something that is good and something that I am glad to be, although I do wish that my medications made me feel less drained like I have been dragging a heavy weight around with me while I do things, in part because my mind seems to be sort of slow and just not totally with it at times leaving it to take a lot of energy to concentrate and get things done and that mental energy also has a physical manifestation as well, and is what tends to make me feel the most drained. while it is good to be balanced it is hard to not want to have a taste of the forbidden fruit that I have been brought down from having a minor taste of and that is to be on the more manic side of things.  It is times like this when I know that the meds are keeping me from an amazing natural high, that it is so tempting just to stop taking my medications.

Word Verification.

As some of you will soon start noticing I have started to use word verification in order for comments to be posted, unfortunately I had a spat of spam comments occur and I don't want to have to waist my time removing spam comments. So to help and combat the problem I have been forced to intorduce word verification into the commenting procsses.  I hope that doing so dose not discurage you guys (my readers) from posting your comments as I truly do value getting to hear your prospectives on things and talk with all of you. Untill next time dear readers. 

It's Past Time To Boycott Motts, And Spread the word.

Some of you may not know this but the workers at Mott's factory in Williamson NY (their only factory) have been forced out on strike, after the company walked away from the bargaining table when the workers refused to accept a new contract that cut wages buy $1.50 an hour while downgrading the medical plan increasing employee medical cost as well as slashing their pension and 401K plans.  Even thought the company recently acquired by Dr. Pepper Snapple, made a profit of $555 million last year as well as increase in stock value of 35%!  To add further insult to injury over the time of "economic hardship" that company is using to justify the wage, pension, 401K cuts and increase in worker health care cost, those in charge of the company proceeded to double their salaries!